That ain’t no ski track!
February 26th, 2016 in High Camp Happenings
Well we think it is an otter! This track was found at Loch Eileen by Zeke and Rich. The otter slide down the snow on a gentle slope. Later they skied up to the track and then saw where the otter slid right into the creek!
Other tracks that have been observed recently are:
- Deer tracks on High Country! Pretty high up for deer right now, one would think.
- Great horned owls were heard calling to each other along Roaring Creek. Then seen on a snag at Wedding Point.
- Wolverine tracks were discovered in the High Meadows.
- Bobcat tracks were seen on the south side of McCue Ridge.
- Coyote tracks on the road up to High Camp are plentiful.